JOB TITLE: Technical Specialist
REPORTING TO: Branch Manager -Kent
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Participates in disaster recovery and recovery tests.
- Participates in disaster recovery which involves the assigned disaster recovery tests.
- Completion of all relevant documentation relating to client tests/invocations.
- Attendance of client meetings.
- Solid troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in close teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and extended hours.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN infrastructures.
- Above average interpersonal skills/client interaction.
- Internal: ContinuitySA staff
- External: Clients
OTHER FEATURES OF THE JOB:
- Individual will be required to work after hours when required.
- One weekly standby as per standby roster.
- Individual will be required to travel to other sites if required.
- Weekend work may be required based on client tests/invocations/projects.
- Exposure to a wide variety of technologies and business processes.
- Individual will be based at 308 Kent ave, Randburg.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
- Microsoft Server 2012/2016 Operating Systems
- Active directory, DHCP and DNS
- Ghost/Altiris deployment software
- Windows Update Services (WSUS)
- VMWare – ESX/VCenter
- SANs – EMC
- Symantec Backup Exec/NETBackup
- Networking – HP/Cisco
- Dell Servers/DRAC
- HP Servers/ILO
- Fibre connectivity/switching
- Good overall understanding of ICT landscape and infrastructure
MINIMUM EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED BY INCUMBENT:
- Matric Certification
- 5+ Years’ experience
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE BY INCUMBENT:
- Avaya PABX programing
- Replication Technologies
- IBM Storage – V7000
- IBM System P
CANDIDATE PROFILE and ABILITIES:
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Good active listening skills.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent systems analysis skills.
- Good ability to keep track of several activities.
- Ability to perform unsupervised.
- Ability to communicate on a senior level to Executives as well as a technical audience.
- Proficient in English, oral and written.
- Must be able to perform under pressure.
- Professional and presentable.