Junior Technical Specialist
JOB TITLE: Junior Technical Specialist Mozambique
REPORTING TO: Branch Manager
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Manage day to day activities at the Branch
- Manage day to day activities at the Branch
- Serve contracted client needs for Technology Services and Production Services
- Participates in disaster recovery activities
- Assist clients with recovery of theirs networks, servers and workstations
- Provide standby service to ensure ContinuitySA can respond at all times to client invocations and requests for service
- Ensure the site remains ready for clients, available and power supply and cooling to the data centres remains stable at all times.
- Internal: ContinuitySA’s employees, clients and contractors.
- External: Clients, Service Partners and Technology Vendors.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Own transport and valid driving license.
- Flexibility to work after normal working hours.
- Good work ethics.
- Willingness to travel to other sites and offices throughout Africa
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Have a working understanding of production planning, service delivery and scheduling
- Have a working understanding of quality management systems
- Offers technical assistance to technical specialist, staff and clients
- Provide general maintenance of the facility
- Responsible to the administration of CSA Mozambique
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to build a high performance team at the Branch who can operate efficiently, effectively, productively and cost effectively
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Possess excellent personal organisational and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods
- Change management
- Incident Management
- Demand Planning
MINIMUM EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED BY INCUMBENT:
- Matric with Exemption.
- Tertiary education, preferably in a technical or business degree or diploma.
- Minimum of 5 years in an ICT related industry.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE BY INCUMBENT:
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management Lifecycle.
- Additional qualifications towards management or technical degrees.
CANDIDATE PROFILE and ABILITIES:
- A passion to serve clients
- Operational Excellence:
- Right first time
- High productivity
- High efficiency
- High effectiveness
- Minimise waste/Maximise value add
- Exceptional client service attitude
- Outstanding people skills
- Ability to understand complex concepts and is willing to continually learn
- Excellent analytical, evaluative and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated track record of delivering results in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to develop and manage shared services
- Strategic and tactical planning skills
- Meeting targets and deadlines
- Evaluating situations
- Quality Assurance
- Improving productivity