JOB TITLE: Financial Accountant
REPORTING TO: Financial Manager
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
To ensure completeness and accuracy of the financial information
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of general ledger balances and general ledger reconciliations.
- Perform monthly analysis of cost centre income statements and budget variances.
- Assist with the monthly management accounts, ensuring accuracy and reliability thereof.
- Ensure that financial reporting and systems are compliant to IFRS.
- Preparation of annual financial statements.
- Prepare supporting schedules for the audit.
- Assist in addressing the reporting system requirements.
- Preparation of quality and timeous tax returns for the group, including provisional tax returns and calculations.
- Preparation of quality and timeous VAT calculations and returns for the group.
- Assist in preparing the annual budgets for the cost centres and the group.
- Preparing regular cash forecasts for the group.
- Provide departmental administrative support when needed.
- Assist management in ad-hoc financial projects.
- Internal : ContinuitySA employees
- External: Clients, Service partners and Suppliers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
- Good technical skills in financial reporting and disclosure
- Strategic financial planning and analytical skills
SAP Business One experience, preferable
MINIMUM EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED BY INCUMBENT:
- B.Com (Accounting) degree
- IFRS knowledge
- Income Tax and VAT knowledge
- 3 – 5 years working experience in financial accountant role
CANDIDATE PROFILE and ABILITIES:
- Good communication skills (English written and oral) coupled with good telephone etiquette
- Good interpersonal skills
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Time management skills and ability to work effectively within a pressurized environment.
- Willing to work overtime from time to time.
- Ensuring deadlines are met.