Cloud Engineer L3
JOB TITLE: Cloud Engineer L3
REPORTING TO: Cloud Manager
UNIT/GROUP: Cloud Services
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Technical Specialist will be responsible for technical support services related to Server Replication, Backup & Recovery Services, and other Cloud Services.
- Shall participate in disaster recovery testing and invocations;
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of various availability offerings (Server replication, Backup and other Cloud Services);
- Monitoring and reporting on the various technologies;
- Completion and maintenance of relevant documentation relating to client tests and technical documents;
- Attend client meetings.
- Internal: ContinuitySA’s employees and contractors.
- External: Clients, Service Partners and Technology Vendors.
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Own transport and valid driving license;
- Flexibility to work after hours when required;
- One weekly standby as per standby roster;
- Weekend work may be required based on client tests / invocations / projects;
- Willingness to travel to other sites and offices in South Africa and other countries in Africa;
- Individual will be required to travel to client sites and present to clients;
- Individual will be expected to attend regular technology training within the group and technology partners;
- Required to assist the sales team in pre-sales engagements with clients;
- Must be willing to study and certify in relevant technologies;
- Exposure to a wide variety of technologies and business processes which the individual will be expected to become familiar with;
- Position is based at Growthpoint Business Park, Midrand.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
- A broad base of computer literacy and ICT industry knowledge;
- Experience in a wide variety of Hardware and Software platforms;
- An understanding of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity concepts;
- Advanced technical trouble shooting and problem-solving skills;
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN infrastructures;
- Microsoft Server 2008 Operating Systems and above;
- Linux skills
- Active directory, DHCP and DNS;
- Deep knowledge of virtualization technologies;
- VMWare ESXi, VCenter, Hyper-V experience;
- EMC backup technologies;
- Server replication technologies (Zerto, Veeam, Double Take etc.);
- Storage – EMC, IBM, Exagrid etc.
- Knowledge of backup software (Veeam B&R);
- Networking – HP & Cisco switches;
- Dell server hardware management (DRAC);
- Fibre fabric switching (Brocade etc.);
- Technical report writing and report interpretation.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED BY INCUMBENT:
- Matric Certification;
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in the relevant field;
- MCITP/ MCSE.
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE BY INCUMBENT:
- EMC certification;
- VMWare certification;
- Veeam certification;
- Double Take certification;
- Other relevant ICT qualifications.
CANDIDATE PROFILE and ABILITIES:
- A passion for client service excellence;
- Good inter-personal skills;
- Good active listening skills;
- Good work ethics;
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting ability;
- Ability to understand complex concepts and is willing to continually learn;
- Ability to keep track of several activities simultaneously;
- Ability to perform unsupervised;
- Ability to work under strict time pressures and extended hours;
- Experience working with a close team of specialists;
- Ability to communicate on all levels from management to a technical audience;
- Ability to articulate technical solutions to clients and within CSA;
- Oral and written proficiency in English is essential;
- Must be able to perform under pressure;
- Professional and presentable.