ContinuitySA is happy to announce that the BCI has launched the BCI Africa Awards and is encouraging industry professionals to participate.
The BCI Africa Awards will recognise the outstanding contribution of business continuity professionals and organisations living in or operating in the Africa region.
For clarity the BCI has defined the region for this purpose click here for more information. The Awards Ceremony will take place on the 22nd August 2013.
The closing date for entries is the 12 July 2013.
There are nine judged categories and one public vote category.
- Business Continuity Consultant of the Year
- Business Continuity Manager of the Year
- Public Sector Business Continuity Manager of the Year
- Most Effective Recovery of the Year
- BCM Newcomer of the Year
- Business Continuity Team of the Year
- Business Continuity Provider of the Year (BCM Service)
- Business Continuity Provider of the Year (BCM Product)
- Business Continuity Innovation of the Year (Product/Service)
Public Vote Category (by nomination only)
- Industry Personality of the Year
For detailed descriptions of each of these categories click here
Entries for the judged categories must include:
- Written submission statement of between 1500 and 2500 words in support of the application including information mentioned in the criteria.
- An abbreviated summary of the statement – no more than 100 words
- Full contact details including name, organization/employer name, address, phone number, email
- Written confirmation that all permissions relating to the release of data contained within the application have been granted
Nominations for the public vote category of Industry Personality should include a 100-word summary of why that person is being nominated. The 5 most popular nominations will be collated and put to a public vote.
You can submit your completed application to Lucy McDonnell.
All winners from the BCI Africa Awards will automatically be entered into the BCI Global Awards 2013 that take place in November during the BCM World Conference and Exhibition 2013, 6th to 7th November 2013 in London.
Should you require any additional information or have additional questions then contact Lucy Burns at the BCI.